Tuesday 22 October 2013

New York New York - Days 4 - 6

Days 4 -6 in New York ....

As the lovely Government shut stopped me from seeing the amazing Statue of Liberty, there was a way to get close with out going on the island ... and that's the Staten Island Ferry.

 
Downtown New York.  The new Freedom Tower - the tallest building

 
Ellis Island


 
This looks like ....

 
After the Staten Island Ferry.  I walked around Downtown some of the building was amazing




 
New York Stock Exchange


 
grabbing the bull by the horns

 
 
 
I walked over to where I could see some tall ships ...

 
Tall Ships

 
Then took a ferry from downtown on the East River to 38th Street ..
that's on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge

 
Uptown New York

 
I love this bridge.

 
what a sight
 
The USS Intrepid
 










 
 
As the Enterprise never made it to space it was used to test the gliding back to earth

 
The 6 Shuttles.  I have seen the 4 remaining.  WOW!!!
 
I thought I would be seeing 1 - at the Kennedy Space Centre ...
 
 
Top of the Rock - At night
 






 
 
 
 
Day 5 -  Museum Of Modern Art
 
I thought ... mmmeehhh ...and a bit of a chuckle after seeing these ..
 


 
Then found these ....OMG!!!

 
Salvador Dali

 

 
Paul Cezene

Seurat

Gauguin
 
 
Monet
 

 
 
 
 
van Gogh
 


 

 
Andy Warhol

 
There were 6 of these all different colours and in the restaurant.

 


 
 
Metropolitan  Museum
 






 
 
Day 6 - Coney Island
 
 
 
 
The Atlantic Ocean



 
 
Yankee Stadium
 






 
 
Last night in New York ... what a way to spend it
 
 
Going Sailing on this lovely Clipper on NY Haubor









 
WOW!!!!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment