Thursday 22 August 2013

Im in LA

Hi everybody....

I landed in LA on Tuesday 20th ... 2.5hrs before I left Melbourne.... ( crazy I know )

Did not sleep at all on the plane ... either the turbulence or screaming kids ...

Day 1 - was picked up at the airport by my very good friends that I have chatted to online for almost 8 years ... Thank you Gerry and Art ... you both have been amazing.

Went to there place in Rowland Heights ..dropped my bags and went to sleep ... I was nackered ..
went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant ... good food ... but so much ... thanks for the heads up Dave.

Day 2 - Hollywood Boulevard ... Sunset Strip .. Beverly Hills ...

Walked the famous streets ... seen the stars on the sidewalk ...oops footpath .. LOL...which go for miles ....did not see them all that how many there are.
The famous Graumans Chinese Theatre ...   the foot prints in the cement.. so cool...
Drove along Sunset Strip seeing the famous shops and nightclubs - Viper Room... Whisky A Go Go
and so many more...
Drove thru Rodeo Drive ,.... OMG ... the cars parked alone were mint... forget the shops ... lol .... all the high end shops ... I did not have the smell of American dollars on me so I was denied access.

Finished the day at Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach...
Santa Monica Pier was so cool ... the beach is so long ... was a beautiful day ... had a beer at a Bubba Gump Shrimp Factor Pub ... mmmmmmm bbbbeeeeerrrrr
and Venice Beach .... wow .. lots of crazy people there .. 1 begger had a sign .. "My parents were eaten by pigeons .. need money for a bebe  gun" (slug gun)... but as we were leave a street performance dancers/acrobats... was mind blowing... jumping over people .. and a bike rider .. wow

Day 3 - Universal Studios

The Studio tour bus is a must if you are into your movies and history... from the closed sets to the back lots .. full exteriors of streets any where ...the Jaws shark ... Psycho - Bates Hotel and house.. The bungalow where Alfred Hitchcock stayed when he was on the lot... and all the famous actors...the cars used in Back to the Future.. the car Biff drove.. was all so cool.

The rides ... went on "Jurassic Park" .. "Transformers 3D Ride"... and OMG I must have been nuts .. the "Revenge of the Mummy Ride"..scared the pants off me ..first it shot off real fast in the dark...jolted all over the place ...then bloody thing went backwards ... I hate that shit ...
( I know some one is laughing right now at that)

All great and amazing ... tomorrow im off to the baseball.  Dodgers - Red Sox..

Post soon...

Cheers...


 
Graumans Chinese Theatre

 
 1 of thousands of stars on the walk
 
 
on Santa Monica Pier

 Santa Monica Beach



 
Biffs car from Back to the Future

 
Psycho - Bates Hotel and House

 

No comments:

Post a Comment